It looks like Covid-19 is coming back already 😱
Boris was back on the TV for his ‘address to the nation’, the first one for a while.
“The virus has started to spread again in an exponential way. Infections are up, hospital admissions are climbing.”
Oh goodness 🦠
So here’s a quick recipe in case we get locked down and all want to start cooking again!!!
Apple Cookies – ready in 20 minutes!
These easy to make, soft cookies are bursting with bits of fresh apple and they are irresistible 😋
100g (3.5oz) sugar
100g (3.5oz) butter, room temperature
350g (12.3oz) flour
1 and a half tsp baking powder
2 apples, chopped
half a tsp cinnamon
quarter of a tsp of vanilla
Powdered sugar for serving
1. Using hand mixer beat eggs with sugar and vanilla until light, pale and fluffy.
2. Add butter and continue whisking until incorporated.
3. Separately whisk the flour with cinnamon and baking powder. Add a pinch of salt.
4. Combine dry and wet ingredients to make a thick and smooth cookie dough. Add chopped apples and stir to incorporate into the mixture.
5. Place spoonfuls of dough onto a parchment covered baking pan, then bake at 180C/350F for 20 minutes.
Or watch the video! Apple Cookies