Bent mop


Tuesday 9th to Thursday 11th February

Work this morning.

I met my friend Jackie when I finished work and we went to Caffe Nero for a cuppa and a catch up.

And then pancake time. Leah was making Slimming World’s version of pancakes this year so that she was still able to join in and have some. Well, it was my job to try her first attempt. Unfortunately for me I didn’t like it. She made another one for herself and she liked it! She even had another! Robyn didn’t want any to eat but wanted to join in with the tossing of them. We always have to be careful because Jake is always right by our feet ready and waiting for a pancake to be dropped. He didn’t get any this year, and nor in fact did I!!!

A crazy Wednesday morning at work. I don’t know if it was just me, but it seemed even more chaotic and noisier than it normally is. At times I had to work hard at keeping my concentration going!! I do get distracted easily, enjoying looking at everything else that is going on around me. I got to have a crafty cuddle of a tiny baby, belonging to one of the girls that used to work in the shop. He was SO cute. Loved it.

Thursday was a busy day for me. I had decided that I was going to wash my kitchen floor, which in my case means moving stuff out of the room (so up and down the stairs many times finding other places to put it for now) and sweeping up all of Jake’s dog hairs, before I can even start to mop it. And then I realised I was going to have to get down on my hands and needs and use a sponge as Robyn had previously fallen down the stairs and landed in the mop bucket, bending the mop and breaking the wringer bit!!! So it was going to be an even longer and more back breaking job 😧 Then when it was dry I was up and down the stairs again collecting and putting everything back again. I was also breaking off every now and again to put the washing machine on many times and then hanging it all outside when ready, as it was a nice day.

Then later in the afternoon I had some errands to run and a couple of shops to visit in town. Of course I had to treat myself to a quick visit to Caffe Nero while I was out. Well, I had been working very hard! 

Back to load the dishwasher and finish a few odd jobs. And then it was walk time! It was a good, enjoyable walk but it was so cold. I am suffering with Raynauds quite badly at the moment when it’s cold. Tonight my fingers were frozen. So when I got back I was sat giving them a good rub and massage trying to get the blood flowing again, and eventually as they were warming up I could literally see the blood slowly moving back into my fingers, changing them from white back into pink. I’ve never actually seen that happen before, it was a little bit creepy :/

Tired and aching, time for bed!!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s